Tuesday, August 7th, 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Hobart Community Center, 80 Cornell Avenue, Hobart, NY 13788
Join us for a presentation by Delaware River Solar about how you can benefit from community solar, even if you don’t have a suitable rooftop! Perfect for homeowners, renters and small businesses. The presentation will be followed by an informal Q&A where all your questions will be answered.
When you source your electricity from a nearby solar farm, you’ll save 10% off what you currently pay on your NYSEG bill. It’s easy to sign up, but there are a few things you should know:
- Billed separately, and must be paid monthly with automatic debit
- Requires a “soft credit check” – won’t affect your credit score
- The 10% discount comes off your annual average, so some months may not seem to show a discount. Over the course of a year, you will pay 10% less
- Available to homeowners, small businesses and renters
- Not available to homes with solar panels, nor to larger commercial establishments with demand meters
- Only offered to NYSEG customers
- No contract – you can cancel at any time
The CO2 offset by solar panels is significant. For the average homeowner, it means that you will essentially neutralize all the carbon emissions from your vehicle over the course of a year.
Just 10 signups from this event will help Hobart achieve Clean Energy Community designation, which will make the village eligible for NYSERDA grants.
You can RSVP here, but if you can’t plan that far ahead, it’s okay to just show up.